Solutions Sessions best practices
Please review this page to guide the development of your content as you prepare to submit your session details.
Participating exhibitors will present 30-minute sessions that demonstrate how their products or services address charter school community needs. The sessions will be promoted as part of the program schedule and presented in a dedicated Solutions Sessions area within the Exhibit Hall. Times will be assigned by Exhibit Management following the submission process for session details.
All Solutions Sessions are part of the CCSA conference program and should represent a learning opportunity for participants. Please review the guidelines below for successful sessions as you begin to craft your content.
- No sales pitches. All content offerings at CCSA must be educational in nature and directly applicable to attendee needs. The more relevant the content, the more likely you'll have strong attendance at the conference.
- Learner outcomes should be clear and specific: make it clear that people will leave with actionable advice and recommendations.
- Show, don’t tell: demonstrate your product as much as possible.
- Sessions with ideas that the audience can replicate using your product are of particular interest to the conference audience.
- Create a learning experience that is beyond a static presentation. Consider learning modalities and how you can engage session attendees as learners. Bring new ideas for engagement to your attendees, and have them try something new to bring back to their educational environments.
- Create opportunities for attendees to connect and learn from each other. Invite active participation, try some activities and encourage collegial sharing of best practices during your session.
- Divide the information into manageable chunks and use multiple content delivery options to keep your audience engaged. Use slides, images, brief videos and sound to deliver your content.
- Consider having an educator as a co-presenter to demonstrate the successful implementation of your product or initiative.
Prepare to submit
Please be prepared to select/provide the following information.
- Topic – select the topic to which your session applies
- Learner Outcome – provide a specific learner outcome for your session
- Session description – max 75 words
- Level – select the audience level to which your session applies
- Grade level – select the grade level to which your session applies
- Audience Role – select up to three job roles for the intended audience
- Session name – max 75 characters
- Presenters – list up to five presenters per session